Image Map

Thursday 9 August 2012

The Battle...Of the bulge!

I've been on a bit of a health and fitness kick recently 
and so far it seems to be working 
I weighed myself yesterday and I had lost 4lbs in a week which I was really pleased with

I've been trying to eat as healthy as possible
I've been having a lot of Covent Garden Soups for lunch as they are really filling 
and packed full of veg
but I ran out yesterday 


So this was yesterdays lunch

Chopped cherry tomatoes, Cucumber, Gherkins (I love gherkins!)
A slice of ham (gotta get some protein in there) 
A wholemeal pitta bread cut up into strips 
a nice big heaped tablespoon of low fat hummus (YUMM)
and some HOT nandos sauce to give it a bit of a kick 

And Dinner was 
Chicken breast, Sugarsnap Peas, Babycorn and fresh noodles
All done in the wok with a light chow mein sauce

Both delicious low cal, low fat meals!

As well as eating healthily I've been exercising as well
My dad started a 60 day training programme recently called INSANITY 
it seemed a bit to hard for a novice like me 
(my dad's a fitness freak!)
But he bought me some DVDs from the same guy that does the Insanity programme 
his name is Sean T
The DVDs are called Hip Hop Abs 
and it basically combines hip hop dance moves with some pretty intense abdominal exercises 
they are really good so far and my core has definitely been tightening up! 
but be prepared to SWEAT! lol 

I also got these 2 Ministry of Sound DVDs for a fiver 
Bargain!
The yellow one is really good, and looking at the dancers amazing bodies definitely spurs you on 
but the pink one...you would literally need to have a degree in dance to keep up with it!!! lol 
I am not the most co-ordinated person in the world, so this is not for me!


Something else I've been trying is my crazy fit machine 
which is basically just a cheaper version of a power plate 
You are supposed to use it for 10minutes a day 
and it should tone you up
I'll just warn you, put it somewhere where nobody can see you, as you feel like a complete muppet when you're on it, and every bit of fat WOBBLES lol 





I'm still a bit skeptical about these machines 

I definitely do feel more toned but I don't know whether it's down to the exercise, this machine
or a combination of both
I'm going to persevere though and see what happens
I'll look like a Victoria Secrets model soon enough..... lol I wish 

Does anyone else use vibrating plate machines?
or exercise DVDs?
How are you getting on with them?

Jen <3

No comments:

Post a Comment