Image Map

Saturday 6 October 2012

Book Review: Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual

After lusting after a makeup book for a while 
I ordered this whilst slightly tipsy one night *woops*
and had actually completely forgotten I'd done it so it was a really nice surprise when it arrived!



Like it says on the cover this book is for everyone from Beginner to Pro
now I can't speak for the Pro's but as a relative beginner I thought this book was brilliant
The photos in it are gorgeous 
It takes you through each step of makeup application from skincare right through to what tools you should be using and what you should have in your makeup kit.


It gives you step by step guides to create a variety of different looks
and what I really love about it is that it doesn't discriminate 
it caters to everyone from different skin tones to different eye shapes


Now with the obviously wonderful invention of the internet
and the fact that most of you girls will already have a keen interest in makeup 
this book isn't really going to tell you much that you don't already know 
or couldn't access at the click of a mouse 
but for me nothing beats the luxuriousness of a real book 
and flicking through the beautiful glossy pages 


The book is broken down into two sections
The first is full of hints and tips about basic makeup application
and the second is aimed towards people looking to break into the makeup industry
It really does cover all bases!

Overall I was really pleased with this book and I think it would make the perfect addition to any makeup lovers collection.
I paid £14.99 on Amazon with free shipping :)

Has anyone else read this book?
Do you have any other related book recommendations for me?

Jen <3 x

12 comments:

  1. I love this book, I have a post to go up tomorrow on it and a few other ones! Great minds think alike clearly!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha must be a Jen thing :) can't wait to read yours :) xxx

      Delete
  2. :O I want this book!!! I wonder if there's a MAC one??? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds absolutely amazing! I think I seen it recently in Waterstones but imagined it would be very generic but your review makes it seem worth looking into!

    Morag x
    moadore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy reading Bobbi Brown's make up manual as well. I feel like there is always something that I can take away after each read :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this lets hope Santa brings me it lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not great at applying make up so this book would prove very useful! Good price too :) thank you x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm useless when it comes to applying makeup & I'm always soo tempted to buy this!lools great x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing, I'd definitely be tempted to buy this! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great book, I love Bobbi Brown!

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this book, I've had it for years and I keep coming back to read tips&tricks init
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's seems like a great book, need to get one;}x


    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete