Image Map

Friday 25 October 2013

Glasgow Eats: MEAT Bar


Warning! This post is for the Carnivores among you
Personally I don't think I could ever go Veggie, I like the principle behind it 
but I just love meat too much!
(Insert your own dirty joke here)

As soon as I heard that MEAT bar had opened I knew I had to go ASAP
Situated in West Regent Street I loved it as soon as I seen it 
The dazzling neon sign drew me in straight away
We went downstairs to the basement bar, with its low ceilings and atmospheric lighting made for a really cosy setting.
We were seated right at the back of the bar
which was full of after work revellers many of whom were at the bar enjoying the vast cocktail list! 
some of which actually contain meat...seriously!
Unfortunately I couldn't try one as I'm taking part in Sober October 
but they certainly looked interesting!

Anyway on to the food.
We skipped the starter and went straight for the mains 


I knew exactly what I was going for as soon as I seen it
''The French Dip"
with a side of Triple Cooked Chips 


I had to tackle this beast in two halves 
The brisket was so juicy and tender, the onion rings perfectly crispy
I was delighted to find gherkins inside which are some of my absolute favourite things 
and it was all set off perfectly by the Swiss cheese.
I have been trying my hardest to resist chips recently as I am an absolute carb fiend 
but I couldn't say no to triple cooked chips and I'm glad I never.
I'm pretty sure Craig was scared to touch them in-case I bit his hand off !
I seriously could not recommend this meal enough it was absolutely delicious 


Craig "The protein king"
opted for the Tasting Smoked Plate 
where he basically got to try a bit of everything from the smoker! 
He must have enjoyed it because I hardly got a word out of him the whole time! 
I managed to sneak a little bit of pulled pork off his plate which was juicy and delicious
and also a little bit of the chicken wing which had been marinated in some spice which definitely had a kick to it!


He also ordered a side of Polenta Bricks
I'm not a polenta lover purely because I don't really enjoy the grainy texture
but he said they were lovely.

Now for the piece de resistance
DESSERT!


Peanut butter shortbread topped with salted caramel ice cream
I've never heard such beautiful words in one sentence before!
As a girl who will happily eat peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon 
I was unbelievably excited to see this on the menu
(Only made better by the fact that Craig hates peanuts and couldn't have any :) )

It was without a doubt up there with the best desserts I've ever had.
and I savoured every little mouthful.

For this lovely lot including soft drinks our bill came to just under £40
which isn't bad at all considering how much we enjoyed it 

P.S There are Vegetarian options available on the menu so please don't feel like you can't pay them a visit if you are not a meat lover! 

Have you been to MEAT yet?
Is there anywhere else I have to try soon?

Jen <3 

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to go here ever since I heard about it a couple of months ago and definitely need to after reading this! The food sounds amazing, and I really want to try one of the meat infused cocktails! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jeezo! I barely eat meat (mince or square sausage only) so I dunno how much Id like this place but I really want to go because everyone says its fab! Maybe I could have a veggie meal haha. Know where we should go? Zizis, because dough sticks are a little slice of heaven xox

    www.thestylekhaleesi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness this looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete