Image Map

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Review: Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes

Pic 1. 
Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes 

Incase you hadn't guessed, my hair isn't naturally this blonde.
However, it is still quite fair, which means I have horrible faint little eyebrows.
I think eyebrows really define your face, and while I don't really like the full on "scouse brow" look. I do think its important to fill my eyebrows in and make them nice and full.
I started using this product a few years ago. I have tried different things over the years, pencils, gels etc. but always seem to come back to this little set.

Why Benefit Love it:
This kit contains: Boi-ing medium, industrial strength concealer, alabaster pink base shadow, cocoa shimmer contour shadow, rich chocolate brown liner shadow, two brushes for easy application and an illustrated step-by-step professional makeup lesson.

Pic 2.
 This is me with no eye Makeup (yuck!)

Rest of face:
Foundation -  Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish No.2
Bronzer - Rimmel Natural Bronzer 
Blusher - Bourjouis, Rose 

Pic 3. 
If you want to know how far down to draw your eyebrow in:
Lie either your finger or a makeup brush at an upward angle from the corner of your eye
When your finger meets the brow line this will indicate where your brow should end. 

Pic 4.
Before Big Beautiful Eyes 

Pic 5. 
And after...
What do you think?

This is a great day-to-day kit.
However I don't usually use every product in the set on a daily basis. 
When I buy this kit the Boi-ing concealer is always the first thing to run out
I use this every day, It gives really good coverage yet isn't so thick that it looks cakey! 

The chocolate brown liner shadow, which I use to fill in my brows is also another product I use daily. 
I generally do like my brows to be quite a bit darker than my hair. 
Not everyone is so keen on this look, so beware if you are blonde this might be a bit too dark for your taste! 

The shadows included in the set are perfectly nice, and the shades go well with my colouring.
Decent every day shades, but nothing special. 

The brushes are good quality, nice size and the fact that there is a mirror included is always handy.
All in all a good buy. 
usually retails for about £24, but you can often find it in the duty free book on flights for a bit cheaper.
I usually buy a couple when I go on holiday and they do last!

Hope this was useful 
Thanks for reading 
Jen...x

1 comment:

  1. this is brilliant :D thanks for sharing!
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete