Image Map

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Lip Voltage - Review


If you have Twitter or Instagram I'm sure you will have heard the buzz about this product recently!
Lip Voltage is the latest beauty craze to sweep the country 
I'm pretty sure it gained popularity after Holly Hagen from Geordie Shore posted a pretty impressive Before and After photo on her Instagram account 

Lip Voltage is made by a company called Dream Weave & Co 
I've never tried any of their products before but after all the hype I had to give it a go 



The product comes in two parts 
Part one is the Lip Gloss itself which is a clear gloss which they say is a
 'Quick absorbing peptide lip treatment'
Part two is 'Mix Up The Voltage'
Which allows you to customise the plumping power of the gloss 
depending on how much voltage you add 


1 Drop - Low Voltage 
2 Drops - Medium Voltage 
3 Drops - High Voltage 

Now you may have tried other so called miracle lip pumping products that leave a minty tingle on the lips 
Lip Voltage is a whole different ball game and I'm not going to lie to you girls 
IT HURTS LIKE A BITCH! 
It really does sting for a while after applying 
but it stops after around 10 minutes 
obviously the more Voltage you apply, the more it will sting therefore I really wouldn't recommend adding more than 3 drops. 


My before and after picture definitely isn't as impressive as Holly's 
but I think you can see there is certainly a difference
I used two drops this time but I have used three in the past and there is an even more noticeable difference 

It can leave the skin around your lips a little red 
but touching it up with a bit of concealer solves the problem 

As it has been so popular Lip Voltage is sold out in a lot of places 
but if you visit the Dream Weave and Co website they list some local stockists 
I know there are a few beauty salons near me that stock it and it is around £15.99


Have you given Lip Voltage a try yet?
As much as it stings I'm sure collagen injections would be a hell of a lot worse 
So I think I'll stick to this method for now! 

Jen <3 

7 comments:

  1. I tried my friends Lip Voltage after seeing it on Holly's instagram too and I think the exact same as you - it's agony! haha, I'd wear it again but no too often as I couldn't hack the pain.

    I also wrote a review on it if you fancy checking it out http://nataliecatherine.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/lip-voltage-worth-it.html , my before and after picture has a noticeable difference but the redness around it annoyed me so thanks for the concealer tip :)

    Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such thin lips so I would love to try this, but the pain is a bit off putting! It reminds me of Sexy Motherpuker that tingles when you put it on!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog! Its great just had a read through - loved the cocktail party in your house lol! Now following :)

    Lucy xxx

    Florals & Corals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Check out my blog at. Vwbeauty.blog.com thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Jennifer! We're selling Lip Voltage over at our cosmeceuticalclinic.com store if you're looking for some for only £15.99. Check it out here: http://www.cosmeceuticalclinic.com/lip-voltage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did not work for me. Bought it a week ago. First time I used it it hurt so bad used one drop then increased it. Ended up putting the whole voltage in the gloss. Still no differnce just hurts Burns stings. And goes red. No fullness no plump nothing. Really disappointed

    ReplyDelete
  7. No difference what's so ever just burns like hell waist of money

    ReplyDelete